We are in the midst of a great reshuffling of ministry positions. Many pastors are considering leaving their churches, and many churches are looking to fill open positions. Most churches still require a resume to be considered as a candidate. What should you include in your resume? On this episode, Thom and Sam discuss the essentials of a great ministry resume.
- Follow the instructions when applying for a specific ministry position.
- Keep your resume to two pages.
- Including a photo of your family is a common practice, but make it a good one.
- Put your ministry goals and objectives in a cover letter, not on the resume.
- The most common grammatical mistake is the use of random capitalization.
- Hyperbole will lead potential employers to question your character.
- Tell a story about your ministry. Don’t just use numbers.
- Never use the phrase “references available upon request.”
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
Another Gospel by Alisa Childers, detailing her journey seeking truth in response to progressive Christianity, has hit a nerve across the country
- Lee Strobel calls it “the most influential book you will read this year.”
- Alisa had dedicated her life to God but all of that was deeply challenged when she met a progressive pastor. Another Gospel describes her journey as she wrestled with questions that struck at the core of the Christian faith and found her way back to the truth.
- Readers will learn how to stand firm in their biblical beliefs in the face of progressive Christianity.
- Learn how to respectfully identify and respond to false beliefs that are infiltrating the church and threatening historic Christianity
- In a culture of endless questions, we need solid answers.
- Check out the book here: https://www.alisachilders.com/anothergospel.html
- For interviews contact: Katie Dodillet – Tyndale 630-784-5275