Thom and Sam welcome Benjamin Watson, author of the upcoming book, “The New Fight for Life: Roe, Race, and a Pro-Life Commitment to Justice.” Benjamin is a former NFL player who now serves as VP of strategic relationships with Human Coalition, a pro-life organization based in Dallas.
- What prompted you to write this book? What about this cultural moment in time made this project urgent?
- Early in the book, you address what you call “the elephant in the room” about your authorship of the book. What is the elephant in the room and what should we know about it?
- How does your book seek to answer the question, “What now?” in the wake of the Supreme Court’s Roe vs. Wade decision? Why is the concept of justice rarely mentioned in conjunction with the pro-life/pro-choice debate, and why is the justice concept so important as it relates to abortion?
- How do you recommend we graciously respond to the pro-choice argument when people argue that women should have control over their reproductive rights? This is an emotionally charged topic. Have you discovered positive ways forward in conversations with people who are not aligned with your pro-life point of view?
- Church Answers University – SPECIAL OFFER: 50% scholarships (a value of $748). If you are interested, contact [email protected]
- Five FREE copies of the book, “The New Fight for Life: Roe, Race, and a Pro-Life Commitment to Justice” by Benjamin Watson – email [email protected]
- Check out the Church Answers Christian bookstore! Shop curated, trusted resources for Christian life and ministry.
NLT Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition
Discover How You Can Apply the Bible to Your Life Today
With a fresh two-color interior design and meaningfully updated study notes and features, this Bible will help you understand God’s Word better than ever. It answers the real-life questions that you may have and provides you practical yet powerful ways to apply the Bible to your life every day.
Study the stories and teachings of the Bible with verse-by-verse commentary. Gain wisdom from people in the Bible by exploring their accomplishments and learning from their mistakes. Survey the big picture of each book through overviews, vital statistics, outlines, and timelines, and grasp difficult concepts using in-text maps, charts, and diagrams—all to help you do life God’s way, every day.
Church Answers University is a fast-growing school that offers ministry training and education at a fraction of the cost of typical degree programs. The school currently offers the Certification in Christian Ministry and the Certification in Women’s Discipleship.
For Rainer on Leadership podcast listeners, we have been given FIVE 50% scholarships (a value of $748). If you are interested, contact [email protected].