History gives us some insight into how a return to normal occurs following a pandemic. After the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, it took about two years for people to resettle into their typical patterns again. We’re entering into this phase with Covid, but some things in the church will not return to pre-Covid activity. In this episode, Thom and Sam discuss how the pandemic has forever changed the way people experience church facilities.
1. The 80% rule is now the 60% rule.
2. Worship spaces are shrinking—fast.
3. The stand and greet time is dead, but hospitality is more important than ever.
4. Google Street View is the new first impression.
5. Horizontal growth is faster than vertical growth.
6. Gathering space renovations are among the most popular for capital campaigns.
7. Bonus thought: Getting younger as a church helps free up parking spaces.
- BELAY is offering its resource, 4 Costly Financial Mistakes for Churches, to our listeners for free. Text THOM to 55123 OR click here
- Check out the Church Answers Christian bookstore! Shop curated, trusted resources for Christian life and ministry at https://churchanswers.christianbook.com/
How to identify — and learn what you can do to avoid — costly financial mistakes churches make
No matter what organization you lead, finances are paramount to your success – and church finances aren’t any different.
Poorly managed church finances can hurt a pastor’s ability to lead church members and reach the local community. After all, very little will wreck the movement of God more than weak financial policies and workflows.
Thankfully, it’s much easier to make changes now – before your church is in the headlines – than to try to reestablish those relationships after they’ve been torpedoed by a costly financial misstep.
BELAY’s modern church staffing solutions have been helping busy church leaders delegate important financial details for over a decade. Their fractional, U.S.-based contractors provide Accounting and Virtual Assistant services to level up your church through the power of delegation.
To help you figure out where to start, BELAY is offering its resource, 4 Costly Financial Mistakes for Churches, to our listeners for free to help you identify the four biggest things we see wreck churches when it comes to their finances – and what you can do to avoid them.
Jesus is both the most admired and the most reinterpreted figure in history. The question is, who do you think Jesus is?
In his new book Dangerous Jesus, award-winning rapper Kevin “KB” Burgess reintroduces us to the true Jesus, the one who’s infused with power from on high . . . the one who’s a threat to the status quo . . . a threat to our division . . . a threat to our rebellion. His truth is so good, it sets people free.
Pick up a copy of Dangerous Jesus today from your favorite bookseller or visit WhoIsKb.com to learn more.