Can a church staff work entirely from home? Should the church maintain consistent office hours where staff are at their desks? Thom and Sam discuss the new rules for staff office hours. While there is more flexibility today, office hours are not necessarily a thing of the past.
- We examined this issue back in 2016. Much has changed!
- Trust is paramount. Don’t make requirements because of a lack of trust in your team.
- Don’t make a rule for everyone to deal with individual problems.
- Some required office hours are likely necessary for things like staff meetings.
- Even if you work from home a lot, living in the community is more important than ever.
- People like flexibility, but everyone also needs accountability.
- The more you work from home, the more your sacrifice creativity, teamwork, and community.
- The more office hours you require, the more you might miss out on good candidates.
- Rainer on Leadership Episode #258 – “Why You Should Consider Not Requiring Office Hours for Ministerial Staff”
According to a recent survey, 30% of Evangelical churchgoers want more in-depth teaching. If you want to go deeper into the word, Logos is the Bible Study platform for you.
Logos fuses powerful technology with biblical resources. Access Bibles, search tools, commentaries, seminary-level courses, and even audiobooks right on your phone, tablet or desktop.
Logos offers nearly 200,000 digital books from the world’s top publishers.
Logos is now more affordable. Get started for just $49. Go to Logos.com/churchanswers.
Alisa Childers, bestselling author of Another Gospel? helps you examine modern lies that are disguised as truths in today’s culture in her new book, Live Your Truth and Other Lies.
Everyday messages of peace, fulfillment, and empowerment swirl around social media. On the surface, they seem like sentiments of freedom and hope, but in reality they are deeply deceptive.
The best lies are the ones that sounds the most beautiful, like
- Live your truth
- You are enough
- God just wants you to be happy
This is a book about planting our feet on the bedrock of God’s truth…truth that doesn’t evolve with cultural trends.
Live Your Truth and Other Lies is available October 18th and is a much-needed book in today’s culture.