You will experience betrayal at some point. For those with a long tenure in ministry, you’ve likely gone through a difficult season because of betrayal. The sting of betrayal hurts. How can we manage the pain while at the same time leading others? On this episode, Thom and Sam discuss the types of betrayal and how you can respond.
- The goal is always reconciliation.
- Not every case will be reconciled.
- Prepare to be wronged again when you try to work it out.
- Ask yourself if what happened is truly betrayal or a misunderstanding.
- Don’t try to win the argument. Rather, attempt to heal the soul.
- Betrayal from a superior requires intervention with a group of mediators.
- Betrayal from a subordinate requires the help of another person in authority.
- Betrayal from a friend should include a trusted bridge-builder.
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
- If you’re a pastor, you may feel weary in these challenging times the Church is facing.
- Sam has put together a valuable new resource to lighten your load, with tools to help you and your leadership team leverage your strengths and discover hidden opportunities to revitalize your church’s growth.
- The Church Revitalization Checklist is an extremely practical guide with ideas to inspire your congregation and help them step into God’s purpose for your church today.
- You can find more information on this new resource, The Church Revitalization Checklist, by visiting churchanswersresources.com
The Church Revitalization Checklist provides a step-by-step path to a hope-filled future for both you and your church. Popular church expert Sam Rainer will walk you and your leadership team through a seven-point checklist–everything from reconsidering your priorities to evaluating your location and facilities. Learn how to inspire your congregation and help them step into God’s unique purpose for your church today. Check out Sam’s new book at: https://www.churchanswersresources.com