Podcast Episode #220
We discuss a recent post on why announcements can cause so many problems in local churches. From announcements being forgotten to members getting upset their announcement was short or not done by the right person, announcements often cause an undue amount of conflict in a church. So we discuss the problem and give some ways to solve it as well.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Church announcements can affect the gospel centrality of your church because they can take away from time devoted to preaching the Word.
- Visual aids can help announcements be remembered but can also be distracting.
- No matter what your prescribed time is for announcements, you will likely always go over that time limit.
- Announcements can totally interrupt the flow of worship.
- People are interested in church announcements that apply to them. If it’s not for them, they often tune out.
- You have to have a system of deciding which announcements get placed where.
- Emphasize things of importance to the entire church when making announcements.
The five ways announcements can cause problems are:
- Someone’s announcement is left out.
- Someone’s announcement gets more emphasis than others.
- The announcements take too long.
- The announcements interrupt the flow of worship.
- Most people forget announcements.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu/Rainer and start your ministry training today.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.