Dying churches often don’t realize their problem until it’s too late. Today we look at the reasons why.
Today’s Listener Question:
Why do dying churches not realize they are dying?
- Dying churches die because they refuse to confront reality.
- Church members in dying churches often don’t realize the church is dying because their relational patterns have not been upset yet.
- Church assessments give you perceptions of the members so that leaders can have a better view of the church.
- “We aren’t as bad as that church” is not really a reason to be proud of your church.
The six reasons we discuss are:
- They are in denial
- They still have most of their friends in the church
- They have not done a church assessment
- They don’t see the decline day by day
- They think smaller is better
- They compare themselves to a church in worse condition
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Church Health Report
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.