Some groundbreaking studies on effective discipleship show that daily Bible reading might be the most important discipline for your church members. It affects their prayer life, their giving, and their evangelistic hearts. Kevin and Thom look at five ways to encourage Bible reading among your church members.
1. The pastor’s Bible translation used in preaching really matters.
2. Quarterly plans are sometimes more effective than annual plans.
3. If the pastor preaches through a book of the Bible, provide daily reading for the members.
4. Mention the importance of Bible reading regularly.
5. Chronological Bible reading is working in many churches.
- Podcast – “Helping Your Church Members Understand How Their Story is Intertwined with God’s Story: An Interview with The Chronological Bible Teaching Team”
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.