Every church is different. As such, every church revitalization project is different. Sometimes it’s more than just context though—it’s methods as well.
Today’s Listener Question:
What would you advise a church of 30 adults to do in a denomination where outside revitalization help is not available? There is no way to pass off the property to another congregation. And no outside congregation close enough to help
- Relocation is not a silver bullet for church revitalization.
- Usually in a merger revitalization, there is a dominant church, so it functions more like an acquisition.
- Other churches in your area are your co-laborers, not your competition.
The five types of church revitalization are:
- Organic revitalization
- Relocation revitalization
- Leadershift revitalization
- Merger revitalization
- Acquisitional revitalization
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Percept Group Demographic Studies
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.