We have seen several trends among church revitalizations during the global pandemic. As we find ourselves approaching a post COVID-19 world, Mark and Thom discuss five of the most prominent trends we are witnessing in church revitalizations today.
- Progress has been set back two to five years.
- More have moved from revitalization to seeking adoption or considering closure.
- Those emphasizing evangelism intensely are doing the best.
- Pastoral dropout has increased.
- A number are reporting greater receptivity in their communities.
Resources in Today’s Episode:
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.