There are some misperceptions and misconceptions about church revitalization that we hear often. Today, we tackle six of them.
Some highlights from today’s episode:
- Revitalization isn’t only about dying churches, it’s about churches who may just need a shift in perspective and focus.
- There are people around every church to be reached, but churches aren’t reaching them.
- Every church should have demographics for their area of ministry.
- A new pastor is not a silver bullet for church growth.
The six misperceptions that we discuss are:
- It’s only about dying churches.
- It’s totally related to demographics.
- Churches that need revitalization have little or no money.
- The primary need is a new pastor.
- It is largely about music and worship style.
- The denomination needs to provide a fix.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Revitalize Network
- Pray and Go
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Scrappy Church and Reclaiming Glory.