Members of churches in need of revitalization can sometimes be hesitant to invite others. Today we explain why you should encourage members to invite others even when things may not seem encouraging.
- You shouldn’t be timid about inviting others to church just because the church is in need of revitalization.
- Revitalization in a church can begin with just one person.
- Every church has problems. Pastor, you have the choice to focus on the problems or the opportunities God has given you.
- One of the key roles of church leadership is to point people to God’s possibilities.
The six reasons we discuss are:
- It creates a biblical outward focus.
- You ask others to join the mission.
- It propels people into the community.
- It takes the focus off the problems and on to God’s opportunities.
- More people want to make a difference than attend an event.
- It is conducive to leading the church to become younger.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Invite Your One
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.