Many church leaders in revitalizing churches bring someone on staff from within the congregation. Mark and Thom examine the reasons why this move can be positive. Be sure to listen to episode #203 where they look at the opposite perspective, the reasons why you should not hire from within.
1. You have had the opportunity to observe them and get to know them.
2. They already are committed to the church.
3. Their family is already integrated into the church.
4. They understand the church culture and DNA.
5. It is often a good transition that can begin as a part-time ministry.
6. It is a New Testament model
7. It forces you to have to work through problems.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.