It is cliche to say the world is changing. And it is cliche that churches are changing. But churches are indeed changing. Some of the changes were predictable, but some were not. Thom looks at three of the major changes most people did not see coming. In this third of three episodes, he looks at the dramatic decline of conversion growth in American churches.
- Defining conversion growth.
- The focus on anything but evangelism.
- Transfer growth created an illusion of health.
- Conversion growth is not celebrated in most churches.
- Youth evangelism has declined dramatically.
- Sharing the Gospel with Ease: How the Love of Christ Can Flow Naturally from Your Life by Thom S. Rainer
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.