In this episode, Kevin and Thom talk about the possible paths to take when an interim pastor decides he wants to be the pastor. They assume the church did not take a stand that the interim could not apply for the position.
1. You might just need to say no.
2. You could ask him to step down as interim pastor to apply for the position of pastor.
3. You try to get the “why” behind this move.
4. You could let him be a backup if the first round of candidates does not engender fruit.
5. You could ask him to leave the church for making such an unwise request.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.