Hope can be fleeting for those in ministry—and even more so for those focused on revitalization. Today, we discuss six specific sources of hope for pastors.
- “Find your affirmation in ministry in what Jesus has accomplished for you and what He will continue to accomplish for you.”
- “Pastors, if the only time you’re in the Word is for sermon prep, that’s a problem.”
- “The Lord often uses relationships in our lives to encourage us.”
- Learning brings hope when you go into things with your eyes open.
The six places we discuss are:
- Acts 6:4.
- In a peer community.
- With a mentor.
- By continuing to learn.
- With an intercessory prayer team.
- With a long-term perspective.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.