Pray for Antioch Baptist Church in Shreveport, Louisiana
Antioch Baptist Church, located in Shreveport, Louisiana had its beginnings shortly after the civil war. As the oldest black Baptist church in Shreveport, established in 1866, it began as seventy-three black Christians were freed to begin their own church, originally named the First Colored Baptist Church in April of that year. The church changed their name twice, the second time settling on Antioch Baptist. They became known as “the Mother Church” for gaining their freedom from slavery. God has been working in them and through them since then, uniting them in the freedom of Christ.
Pastor Bruce C. Carroll, Sr. has been serving in pastoral ministry roles since 1991, including youth ministry and lead pastor roles in California, Georgia, and Louisiana. Bruce holds degrees from Florida Memorial College (Miami) and Morehouse School of Religion in Atlanta, Georgia, earning a Master of Divinity degree in 1997. Pastor Carroll is married to Vickie Barber-Carroll of Atlanta, Georgia. They have four children.
Pastor Carrol asks for prayer regarding his church building. He and his congregation have been displaced during Covid and have not returned due to structural problems with the church building. They have not met in that location since 2020. Will you pray for this and the needs below?
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Pray for a move of the Spirit that Antioch will grow in health and vitality while they are away from their physical church building.
- Pray that their active presence in the community will bring many to know the Lord in salvation.
- Pray that the funds necessary to repair Antioch Baptist will come.
- Pray that God will use their rich history to continue to propel them forward to display the true freedom that Jesus offers to their community.
- Pray for Pastor Carroll and the leaders at Antioch Baptist Church to unite the believers there for gospel ministry.