Pray for Believers Tabernacle in Kigumba, Uganda
Believers Tabernacle was founded in June 2009 in Kigumba, a town in northwestern Uganda. Pastor Nelson Omodo had been working as a classroom teacher in nearby Masindi, but in 2009 God transferred him 28 miles northeast to Kigumba.
Upon his arrival, Pastor Omodo found the dominant religion in Kigumba was Islam. He also discovered there was no church in the town. Pastor Omodo partnered with a deacon brother to rent a school hall and start a fellowship. They began evangelizing through open-air crusades and a radio ministry.
Over the last 12 years, Pastor Omodo has built a congregation of believers at Believers Tabernacle. Unfortunately, the pandemic has had a negative impact on the financial status of the congregation, and the church is vulnerable. Please pray that God will sustain the church during this difficult time. Also, pray that God will provide land so the church can have a permanent location to hold services.
Please join us as we pray specifically for:
- Support for the vulnerable children and women in Kigumba.
- Upcoming church conferences in August and November.
- The door to open for a satellite school for the children of Kigumba.
- God to provide land for the church to gather together and hold services.
- The welfare of Pastor Nelson Omodo as he leads Believers Tabernacle.
- The town of Kigumba, Uganda.