Pray for Agapia Baptist Church in Bucharest, Romania
Agapia Baptist Church, located in Bucharest, Romania, began as a church plant in 2011. Years before this, God’s desire flourished in the heart of a young man, Ben Mogos, to return to his country to plant a church. Together with his wife, Anda, and five other adults, that desire came to fruition, beginning with a Bible study hosted in their living room. Their vision was to establish a Gospel-centered and grace-oriented church in downtown Bucharest.
Ben and Anda Mogos were born in Romania during the Communist regime. In high school, God called them to kingdom service. They attended Baptist Bible College in Bucharest, both earning Bachelor degrees. Ben and Anda married, soon after they graduated, in 2003. God granted the opportunity for both to study at Dallas Theological Seminary, where Ben received a ThM in Christian Education, and Anda earned an MA in Biblical Counseling. Upon graduation from DTS in 2010, they moved back to Bucharest to plant a new church. Later, they both completed PhD programs at the University of Bucharest. Currently, Ben and Anda are actively involved in church planting, theological education, counseling, radio broadcasting through Insight for Living Ministries, and producing many vital resources in the Romanian language.
Bucharest, the capital of Romania, is home to almost 3 million people with less than 1% Evangelicals. By God’s grace, Agapia Baptist Church has grown to about 50 adults and 30 children. In the past twelve years, they have moved into three rented facilities and have outgrown their present one. After seven years of fundraising–and a lot of prayers–the Lord helped them purchase an auto garage that they can transform into the future home of Agapia. Currently, they are making massive renovations and hope to inaugurate the building in 2024.
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Pray for Agapia’s efforts to evangelize and make disciples in downtown Bucharest.
- Pray for the spiritual health of their elders, leaders, and members.
- Pray for successful ways of connecting with their neighborhood and for being a blessing.
- Pray for the renovations of the new facilities. It used to be an auto repair shop and much work must be done to turn it into a church building.
- Pray for the remaining necessary funds and the completion of the project in 2024.
- Pray for Agapia’s successful transition into the new building and an increased impact for Christ in their city.