Pray for Christian Love Baptist Church in Modesto, California
Christian Love Baptist Church, located in Modesto, California, has been a beacon of hope for over 40 years to their community. The church called their second pastor, Roderick E. Cochran, following the late James M. Anderson. Anderson began an annual, city-wide King Memorial program called King Day. Part of the program is held at CLBC, where they reflect on the life and work of Dr. M.L. King and also celebrate their freedom in Christ and reflect on the continuing work of racial reconciliation left to do.
Roderick has faithfully served for almost 30 years in the gospel ministry, including service as a pastor in Alabama, Texas, and California. A guiding verse for him is Ephesians 6:19, which says “Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.” Roderick holds a B.A. in Organizational Leadership and a Master’s in Business with an emphasis in Leadership from Fresno Pacific University. Among other ministries and associations, Roderick also has served with the Evangelism team of the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton College during the Eleventh-Hour Conference Uganda, Africa. His wife, Nicole (EdD), of 29 years also supports the ministry at CLBC, drawing on her own experience and education.
Recently, the steeple at Christian Love BC was struck by lightning, followed by a fire that nearly destroyed the church a year prior. Pray that these setbacks will not bring discouragement, but a reminder that God extends his grace and mercy at all times. Pray that they will move forward in faith and that God will supply the resources to aid in the reconstruction with the steeple.
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Pray for pastor Roderick Cochran and the leadership at Christian Love Baptist Church as they lead the church into their community to make known the mystery of the gospel.
- Pray for those who live in the area surrounding the church, as it is the most impoverished area of the city.
- Pray for the legacy of James M. Anderson, who was a strong community advocate and racial reconciler, that his vision and effort would continue through those positively affected by his life and ministry.
- Pray for a renewed focus of outreach among the members to go into the community surrounding their church.
- Pray for CLBC’s feeding ministry to the less fortunate, that they will not only experience the love of Christ, but come to a saving knowledge of faith in him.
- Pray for healing, awareness, and support of those affected by the drug epidemic in Modesto. Pray that Jesus will break the chains that are binding addicts to their drugs.
- Pray for the restoration of the steeple that was recently struck by lightning and for the funds to do so.