Pray for Columbia United Methodist Church in Columbia, Pennsylvania
In 1992, First United Methodist Church (est. 1803), Salome United Brethren (est. 1860), and Cookman United Methodist (est 1876) consolidated to form Columbia United Methodist Church in Columbia, Pennsylvania.
The church was hit hard by COVID. Under the leadership of Pastor Tom Grubbs, Columbia UMC is in the process of rebooting with a new vision and mission, new core values, and new ministry opportunities in the hopes of reaching people for Christ and getting individuals to return to church.
The church would like to add another worship service on Saturday or Sunday nights beginning in September as part of the reboot. They also plan to launch a Wednesday night Bible study to complement their community meal, start small groups, and host a monthly men’s breakfast. Please pray that God will bless these new ministries and help the church grow and rebound financially after COVID.
Join us in praying specifically for:
- God to bless the church as they reboot and reach their community for Christ.
- The church’s outreach ministries.
- Students from the church attending summer camp from July 10-16.
- Pastor Tom Grubbs as he leads Columbia UMC during this season of revitalization.
- The community of Columbia, Pennsylvania.