Pray for Lahaina United Methodist Church in Lahaina, Hawaii
Lahaina United Methodist Church, along with other churches in the area, recently faced the devastating fires in Hawaii. The churches and their communities continue to need our prayers.
John Crewe serves as the pastor for LUMC, a church that just celebrated their 100th year in 2022. They continued to meet, undaunted by the disaster, the two weeks after–once at a sister church, and last week at a building graciously provided to them. Despite the fire, God has protected all the members of their church, though many lost their homes and currently live in shelters or temporary housing.
On the Sunday this is posted, they will be back on their property in a tent, gathering for worship. You can see what their church looked like before the fire, as well as greater detail of their story in the UM News article “Special sanctuary lost in Maui fires” written by Sam Hodges.
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Pray for John and his wife, Hyaline, as they support and encourage Lahaina UMC members who have lost their homes.
- Thank God that He has protected the members of LUMC.
- Pray for the families of those who lost loved ones in their time of grief.
- Pray for the rebuilding process of Lahaina UMC as well as the overall rebuilding of the Lahaina and other Hawaiian communities.
- Pray for the continued resilience and perseverance of the Lahaina UMC church and community, that God will be glorified as they reflect and rebuild.
- Pray that there will be a great response from disaster relief groups and safe travel and protection for them as they help.
- Pray for those who have visited the church over the years and will be financially and prayerfully supporting the rebuilding of Lahaina UMC.
*Image taken by Tiffany Winn and used by permission from United Methodist Communications.