Pray for Meadowbrook Free Will Baptist Church in Black Mountain, North Carolina
Meadowbrook Free Will Baptist Church formed in 1944 under the name Burgin Chapel. Thirty-one years later, the church–by faith–purchased five acres of land. God demonstrated his faithfulness and grace, enabling the church to pay off the land in 14 months!
In July of 1975, the same year of experiencing God’s gracious provision, the church also changed its name to Meadowbrook Free Will Baptist. The name serves as a perpetual reminder that God provided in keeping with the landscape of the new location. Over the next three years, plans were made and the groundbreaking of the new building took place on April 23, 1978. By September the cornerstones were laid and within one year, they officially gathered to worship.
Daryl Grimes serves as their new pastor, joining with Meadowbrook in December of 2022. Daryl along with his wife, Michelle, have served as church planters. Since 1996, Daryl has been serving in Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. He came to Meadowbrook after spending 12 years in Erie, Pennsylvania planting the Flagship Church.
Daryl’s hobbies include traveling, grilling, and smoking on his smoker. He also enjoys interviewing interesting people and missionaries for a small podcast he hosts. Before arriving at Meadowbrook, Daryl and Michelle lost their oldest child, Charity, and continue to grieve her loss. They have two married sons, Luke and his wife Sydney, and Isaiah and his wife Baylea. Please be in prayer for them and their ministry as well as the other prayer requests below.
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Wisdom and guidance regarding the best way to fulfill the Great Commission in our community.
- Meadowbrook recently had an outreach to our first responders in the area. Pray that the seeds planted will take root.
- Their upcoming outreach plans, particularly around Mother’s and Father’s Day. Pray that God will go ahead of them and prepare the hearts of minds of those who will hear the gospel.
- Meadowbrook will continue to be focused on outreach to the community. Pray that they will make an impact.
- Pray for Daryl, his wife Michelle, and their two sons as they continue to grieve their daughter and sister.
- Pray overall for Meadowbrook FWB Church and Daryl’s leadership there. Pray that God will strengthen him and the church through him, even in the midst of a difficult season.