Pray for Mission City Church in Charlotte, North Carolina
Mission City Church Charlotte, North Carolina began as a house church in Kyle and Teresa Dillard’s living room 8 years ago. They believed God was going to give them a building in a middle to lower class community, where most church plants avoid – in the growing North Charlotte area. A little over two years later in September 2016, after transitioning from their house to a temporary facility, they merged with a church and into the exact neighborhood to which God called them.
Kyle Dillard and his wife, Teresa, have two children and he loves most watching his kids and his church grow in their faith and trust in Jesus. His favorite verse is Matthew 7:14, “For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.” Under his leadership, the church is intentional about loving its members as family, especially for those who do not have one, and taking as many as possible to the narrow gate and into the family of God.
Mission City started a food pantry that has fed over 10,000 people and continues today. Kyle likens his church to the Island of Misfit Toys, where many feel as if they are just a throw away but God reminds them of His great love for them. One of his greatest prayer needs is to develop leaders to take charge of ministries within the church.
Join us as we pray specifically for:
- Wisdom among the staff and leadership.
- That God will raise up leaders for the many facets of their ministry.
- Mission City will increasingly reach their neighborhood in extraordinary ways.
- Finding a way to move from “that church that gives us free stuff” to “I gave my life to Christ at that church.”
- Training and developing disciples who will focus on prayer and the Great Commission.
- Prayer for the neighbors that Mission City will have divinely orchestrated and engaging, gospel conversations with them.