Pray for Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church in Terre Haute, Indiana
Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church, located in Terre Haute, Indiana, was established in 1835. Among their ministries include a fruitful Celebrate Recovery ministry as well as a unique and prominent ministry serving those living with special needs. It is called “Grace Unlimited.” Mount Pleasant focuses on these “little ones” who are close to the heart of Jesus by hosting an annual, 2-day prom-like gala for about 300 living with special needs in their community and the surrounding towns. This special needs ministry has been featured at the Orange Conferences for the last several years.
Dennis Ticen serves as the pastor for Mount Pleasant UMC. A native of Indiana, Dennis came to the church in 2015 after serving other Indiana United Methodist churches in Muncie, Rensselaer, and Portage before being appointed to Terre Haute. He received his bachelor’s degree in communication from Ball State University and his Master of Divinity from Asbury Theological Seminary.
Dennis and Mount Pleasant UMC ask for your prayers for their church and the other missions ministries they support, including the Samaritan’s Purse, Wycliffe, Young Life, and Mountaintop Ministries in Haiti.
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Pray for their preschool which is at a crossroad. The leadership is prayerfully deciding what the future will be for the preschool.
- Pray for their efforts at “Growing Young” and implementing what they have learned from Fuller Youth Institute.
- Pray for Dennis and the other leaders as they continue to serve those within the church and the community, making disciples of Jesus as they go.
- Pray for their continued ministry in the community, and for their youth and children’s programs that are the backbone of their church.
- Pray for their upcoming special needs prom, Grace Unlimited, scheduled on the first weekend in April.