Pray for Piney Grove Baptist Church in Williamston, North Carolina
Piney Grove Baptist Church, located in Williamston, North Carolina, split from the Primitive Baptists in 1903 over theological perspectives. Today, the church faces different issues, one of which is cultural segregation in that part of the country according to Larry Stephens, the pastor at PGBC. Larry asks that you join him in prayer to break down barriers for the sake of the gospel and the kingdom.
Larry has been serving as a pastor for thirteen years, ten of which have been at Piney Grove. He holds both a Bachelors and a Masters degree from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and is currently working on his DMin degree there. When time permits, he relaxes as an avid fisherman, partial to sea trout.
Piney Grove has two regular, yet connected, annual events: an outdoor Easter production which has seen much fruit for the last 43 years and an annual Bazaar. Everything they collect for this massive and widespread yardsale is used to fund their Message of Easter Outdoor Drama. Please pray that the gospel will continue to produce fruit through this Easter event.
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Pray that their relatively new territory of discipleship and small groups at PGBC will see fruit as they make disciples and that the Lord will continue to grow these groups.
- Pray for pastor Larry and the leadership at PGBC, that they will continue to lead in the power and strength of Christ.
- Pray for their youth and children, and that Piney Grove will support parents as they nurture and disciple their children at home, and for the value of younger families to see the importance of discipling their own children.
- Pray for those who are wayward or far from God to see the value of meeting and fellowshipping together.
- Pray for God to break down barriers of division in the community through the proclamation of the gospel.
- Pray that the Sunday School ministry will move toward greater outreach and follow up.
- Pray that God will use Piney Grove’s events, including the “Message of Easter,” to bring people to faith in Christ.