Pray for RiverStone Church in Farmington, New Mexico
RiverStone Church, located in Farmington, New Mexico, has its historical roots going back until the late 1800s. They voted to change their name in 2017, and officially relaunched at the beginning of 2018. RiverStone has gone through the rigors of disaffiliation from the United Methodist Church and now joined the Global Methodist Church.
Brian Adams serves as the pastor of RiverStone. Despite being at retirement age, Brian feels constrained to remain in his role as pastor because of the love that he has for them and for serving in the Kingdom. RiverStone was once a large church that went through a series of crises before Brian arrived and a few more before the church stabilized. They are in a slow growth trend at present.
At the beginning of this year, they sponsored the birth of a dinner church, which is now averaging 58 on Monday evenings. They also facilitated the relaunch of a congregation on the reservation at Shiprock, a Navajo Indian reservation nearby. Brian asks for prayer so that they can effectively reach younger families. They have had a number of younger families visit and enjoy the fellowship, but do not stay because RiverStone has no children at present.
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Pray for pastor Brian Adams and the leadership at RiverStone Church as he leads a church that recently separated from the United Methodist Church to join the Global Methodist.
- Pray for strength for the leaders who are weary due to the trials of the last four years at RiverStone.
- Pray for the growth trend, which is slow and steady, to pick up speed with God’s direction, His grace, and His grace.
- Pray for the relaunch of a congregation on the reservation at Shiprock, a Navajo Indian Reservation, which RiverStone facilitated.
- Pray for the “Neighborhood Dinner Church,” on Monday evenings, led by the pastor’s wife, Beckie, along with a small cadre of volunteers. Pray that more volunteers will step up!
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will bring renewal and refreshing to both the pastor and the congregation.
- Pray that the congregation will find a renewed resolve to reach out to their community and young families with the gospel of Jesus Christ.