Pray for Sauldam Baptist Church in Ravenel, South Carolina
Sauldam Baptist Church was planted in 1841 in Ravenel, now a suburb of Charleston, South Carolina, after meeting in numerous locations before permanently settling in their current, rural location. Jeremy Simmons serves as their pastor and is leading them through a revitalization process. Sauldam was founded as a community of believers actively engaging the community around them. Today, they are working to regain their connection to those outside the church, while maintaining healthy internal relationships.
Jeremy, along with his wife, Beka, previously served overseas from 2018-2020, and after coming home during COVID, he joined a church as an associate pastor, remaining there until joining Sauldam as their lead pastor. They are both passionate for evangelism and equipping church members as disciples who reproduce, bearing fruit for the kingdom. Jeremy and Beka love exercising, reading, and are craft coffee lovers. They have two children, Annie (3) and Luke (1). Jeremy is also working on a Doctor of Ministry degree in Christian Leadership through Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
In the 1930s, Sauldam planted several other churches, but have slowed down since the 1960s. Please pray that evangelistic fervor will be rekindled and for the leadership at Sauldam as they reach those around them.
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Pray for revitalization. Pastor Jeremy Simmons has been brought to Sauldam Baptist with the hope that he will lead them in that way. Pray for wisdom and God’s strength as he guides the church in their context.
- Pray for Sauldam Baptist as they regain their missional connection to the community and work to be meaningful outside of their own four walls.
- Pray that God will raise up new leaders to bring fresh vision and energy to critical ministries of the church.
- This is Jeremy’s first lead pastor role. He is transitioning from being an associate pastor at a large church to this smaller congregation. Please pray for Jeremy as he steps into the weight and responsibility of loving and leading the members of Sauldam.
- Praise God for the many connections they had at their recent Fall Festival with 200 participating (twice as many as last year)! Please pray that those who recently attended who are not followers of Jesus would become so! Pray also for connections to be established through their follow-up.
- Pray that Sauldam will continue to grow and change as needed to reflect those who are moving into the rapidly developing Charleston area near them.
- Pray for Jeremy and his family who have been battling a stomach bug recently and ask for a full recovery, strength, and continued health.