Pray for Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church in Raleigh, North Carolina
Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church in Raleigh, North Carolina, is located seven miles from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest. The church began when a group of believers first gathered at Wake Cross Roads in August 1789 as a part of the Sandy Creek Revival that swept down the east coast. Formally constituting in 1793, the church has been seeking to be salt and light in their community for over 230 years.
Randy Mann rejoined the staff at Wake Cross Roads on January 1, 2022, exactly 9 years after leaving WCR to serve as lead pastor elsewhere. He previously served WCR for 10 years in a variety of associate pastor roles. Randy’s passions include personal and corporate disciple-multiplication, as well as pastor-training and disciple-multiplying through international missions. Randy holds a BA in Nursing from the University of Alabama (Birmingham), a MDiv and a DMin from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and recently a MA in Health Education from East Carolina University. Married for 28 years, Randy and Melanie have three adult children Josh (married to Jamie), Caleb, and Abbie.
Wake Cross Roads has had the opportunity to invest in students training for ministry, showing them what a healthy church looks like during their time of training, and then sending them out across the country and around the world to take the good news of the Gospel. With a mix of those who have lived in the Cross Roads area all their lives (affectionately known as ‘Crossroadians’), others who have relocated to the area due to work or retirement, along with those who are there short-term for school or other reasons, Wake Cross Roads remains one family. They live together as faithful disciples of Jesus who Worship God, connect with one another, and reach their neighbors and the nations with the Gospel.
Join us as we pray specifically for:
- WCR will continuously depend on the power of the Holy Spirit and not walk in our own strength.
- Continued unity around our single mission of glorifying God by making disciples who are Worshipping, Connecting, and Reaching.
- WCR will be obedient to share Christ with those around us and get to see many come to faith and follow in believer’s baptism.
- Pray for wisdom as they develop equipping strategies for students.
- WCR will never be satisfied with being “successful” at things that don’t matter.