How strong is the financial foundation of churches today? Mike Stadelmayer of Church Growth Services joins Sam for a special series on generosity. In this important interview, Mike shares three megatrends affecting every church.
- How is inflation a “silent killer” of church financial health?
- What is the financial impact of seniors reaching their final giving years?
- Why is over-reliance on major donors a problem for churches?
- Episode #2 – The Implications of Churches Holding More Debt for Longer Periods of Time: An Interview with Mike Stadelmayer
- Episode #3 – Churches Are Getting Less of Total Charitable Giving Every Year—What’s Going On?: An Interview with Mike Stadelmayer
Church Answers and CGS discuss Generosity Trends in the local church. This discussion includes topics such as:
- How inflation touches the budgets of churches directly in the form of increased costs and indirectly by reducing parishioner’s resources available for charitable giving.
- Generally, churches rely on a small pool of very generous key donors.
- That for many smaller to midsize congregations, the financial load is increasingly being carried by the senior age cohorts.
- Although overall charitable giving is up, giving to churches has dropped. It is estimated that 59% of churches have declining or flat line giving.
CGS offers an e-book “Five Generosity Megatrends…Long-term Challenges Need Long-Term Solutions.” It not only identifies the megatrends facing churches today but provides solutions to help you start reversing them.
To learn more about how Church Growth Services can help you grow generosity in your church, visit www.churchgrowthservices.com or call 1.800.234.9853.