How effective are new mover ministries, particularly those where a card is mailed to every new mover in a specified area? Thom and Sam look at some early results they gleaned.
- Understanding the principles of this ministry.
- Understanding the principle of preparing the field.
- How does it work? How easy is it?
- Looking at some early numbers.
- How to make it more effective.
- Check out the Church Answers Christian bookstore! Shop curated, trusted resources for Christian life and ministry.
NLT Hands-On Bible, Third Edition
New look! Updated with a fresh, colorful new design, the Hands-On Bible is the BEST OVERALL BIBLE for kids and families. It features loads of exciting hands-on activities and unique experiences to help children want to read and explore the Bible.
Jesus taught with hands-on lessons and illustrations. The Hands-On Bible uses the same experience-based learning to communicate God’s Word in an active, understandable way. With hundreds of fun, memorable activities, the colorful Hands-On Bible is packed with activities and experiences that invite kids to crawl inside the Scriptures and do God’s Word! Exciting Bible features include 102 Hands-On Bible Experiences, 52 Key Verse Activities, 31 Bible Hero Biographies, 16 Bible Bonanza Experiences, 82 Jesus Connections, 66 Bible Book Intros, 69 Fun Facts, a Where to Turn When I’m . . . index, kid-friendly Q & A, and charts and maps.
The Hands-On Bible includes the entire text of the Bible in the clear and accurate New Living Translation, faithfully translated into today’s English from the ancient texts by 90 leading Bible scholars. The NLT’s fresh clarity breathes life into even the most difficult-to-understand Bible passages.
Eligible high schoolers can earn college credit online, the first class is free (not including books and course materials), and they get a significant discount ($166 per credit vs. $613 per credit) for every subsequent class. They can choose from more than 30 available courses. Here are just a few additional details not included on the flier:
- This program is open to third-culture kids, homeschool students, private and public school students, etc.
- Students can start during any eight-week session – summer, fall, spring, each semester has two sessions as indicated on the flier
- The first-class free offer is limited. I do not yet know for how long, but we should market it as temporary for now.
- Many students have successfully completed courses during their normal school year. Classes are asynchronous, so they can access course materials at their convenience.
- Sometimes universities have similar programs and they make classes specific for high school students – HS students sitting with other HS students. In our program, participants sit in on real college courses, with actual college student peers. They get the real deal through our experience.