In this special three-part series, Thom looks at how some churches are successfully getting people to return to in-person services. This special project looks deeply at data and information from research and case studies. In part 1, Thom explains why you have to understand the underpinnings of the challenge before you look at solutions.
- COVID is not the main culprit.
- Slow erosion became rapid decline.
- There was a perplexing pattern that preceded COVID.
- Disunity was a corollary of the perplexing pattern.
- Simply stating that median worship attendance is 20% lower than 2019 masks the problem.
- ENGAGE Conference – Get your free ticket and join over 18,000 other church leaders at this free conference. You can register by heading to churchanswers.com/engage
- Join Church Answers – https://churchanswers.com/join/
- Join over 18,000 church leaders at this free online conference on February 8-10, 2022.
- Speakers include Derwin Gray, Jeanne Stevens, Jada Edwards, Michael Jr., Mary Ann Sibley, and more!
- Get your free ticket and register by heading to churchanswers.com/engage