Every church has an organizational culture. Some churches have a culture of optimism. You can feel the energy in worship. Others are pessimistic. You can sense the deadness when you walk into the sanctuary. What is the difference between churches that approach obstacles with a “can do” attitude over others that have a “can’t do” attitude? What makes a church have a lively optimism over a dead pessimism?
- Church size is not an issue for an optimistic church. The “can do” church is always the right size.
- The “can’t do” church sees the people it doesn’t have as a problem. The “can do” church sees the people it has as an opportunity.
- The “can’t do” church is stuck in the past or asleep dreaming about the future. The “can do” church believes now is the time to act.
- The “can’t do” church believes more money is needed. The “can do” church does ministry with whatever resources God has provided.
- Use promo code RAINER for 30% off your purchase of Hollywood Heroes – How Your Favorite Movies Reveal God by Frank Turek and Zach Turek
- 4 Steps to Revitalization – Enter code 4StepsROL to get this resource for $131 (60% off!) through May 7, 2022.
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
Hollywood Heroes – How Your Favorite Movies Reveal God by Frank Turek and Zach Turek
- Hollywood Heroes will change the way you watch movies and transform the way you understand our ultimate hero—Jesus Christ.
- In Hollywood Heroes, authors Dr. Frank Turek and his son Zach Turek:
o Highlight a collection of characters from the world’s most popular movies to show how their fictional stories reveal factual truths about God
o Assert that our culture’s obsession with superheroes reflects our desire for something only God can do—making everything right in the end;
o Offer a practical way for young adults to share the Gospel with their peers, based on a shared interest in superhero movies; and
o Give pastors, youth group leaders, and parents an engaging resource for sharing the Gospel message and inspiring life lessons with young adults
- Movies and characters discussed in the book include: Captain America, Iron Man, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Batman, and Wonder Woman
- Offer: Visit navpress.org/hollywoodheroes and use promo code RAINER for 30% off your purchase of Hollywood Heroes.