By now, we thought we would be talking about church revitalization in a post-COVID world, but the Delta variant spike has brought new challenges. In this episode, Kevin and Thom unpack five key ways COVID is impacting the work of church revitalization today. This podcast is the first of a three-part series called “Five Ways to Revitalize in a COVID World.”
1. Many churches are making major pivots to adjust to the longer-term effects of COVID.
2. Pastors and other church leaders are dealing with unity issues more than ever.
3. Facility decisions are on hold again.
4. The percentage of churches indicating a need for some level of revitalization is above 90% now.
5. The churches that are moving forward are more likely to have an increased focus on evangelism.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.