It is almost cliche to say revitalization is tough. But it is a challenge. Thom and Mark speak with countless pastors and staff who don’t think they are up to the task. This three-part series may prove to be a blessing to those who are discouraged and wonder if they can lead the revitalization. In this second episode, Thom and Mark look at four of the more common leadership obstacles in revitalization.
1. No training and education can fully prepare you for revitalization.
2. Change leadership is one of the most complex topics to understand.
3. Most leaders don’t grasp the complexity of knowing what to do with facilities.
4. Discouragement is pervasive in church revitalization.
- “Reclaiming Glory, Updated Edition: Creating a Gospel Legacy throughout North America” by Mark Clifton
- Episode #284: “Leading a Church Revitalization Even When You Don’t Feel Like You Are a Leader – Part 1: Why Some Revitalization Leaders Don’t Think They Are Leaders”
- COMING SOON! Episode #286: “Leading a Church Revitalization Even When You Don’t Feel Like You Are a Leader – Part 3: Five Key Leadership Traits of Effective Church Revitalizers”
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.