Many churches are considering replanting or adopting churches as a strategy to reach a larger community or communities. In this three-part series, Kevin and Thom look at the more common topics and questions from church leaders who desire to move forward. In part three, they look at the issue of how your church can be better prepared to adopt or replant another church.
- Communication, as always, is critical.
- Convey the mission emphasis of replanting a church.
- Find the people who will go on mission at the church replant.
- Prepare the church for an attitude of servanthood.
- Communicate clearly that the church replant is being adopted into the church family.
- Provide regular and informational updates.
- Listen to, “So, Your Church Wants to Replant a Church? A Three-Part Podcast Series – Part 1: Where Do We Find a Church That Wants to Be Replanted?”
- Listen to, “So, Your Church Wants to Replant a Church? A Three-Part Podcast Series – Part 2: Common Questions You Will Hear When You Talk to a Church about Being Replanted”
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.