Mark and Thom discuss the painful issue of depression among pastors and other church staff. In many ways, it has become an epidemic and must be addressed. In this third of three podcasts, Mark and Thom address pastors directly about this issue, urging them to get help even when it goes against their normal disposition.
- You are neither strange nor alone.
- Find an advocate among your church members.
- Share with your spouse openly and candidly.
- Get professional help.
- Take personal time off.
- Listen to, “When Church Leaders Fight Depression: A Three-Part Series – Part 1: Why Depression Is More Common in Church Leaders Today”
- Listen to, “When Church Leaders Fight Depression: A Message to Church Members about Pastors and Depression – Part 2 of 3
- Focus on the Family Pastoral Care Line – 1-844-4-PASTOR (472-7867).
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.