In the conclusion of this special series on recreation ministry, Thom and Sam talk about the future of recreation ministries in churches. More churches will restart their sports programs. Now is the time to begin. The future is bright!
- Americans need more exercise. The church should be at the forefront of solving this problem.
- The hyper-competitive nature of youth sports will open numerous opportunities for churches to create programs for families looking for more fun and less intense commitment.
- Partners like Upward will provide more customizable options for recreation ministry.
- Recreation ministry will become essential for churches to encourage people to get into a better rhythm and pattern of involvement.
- Spiritual health will be connected more to physical health, and recreation ministry will be viewed as an important part of discipleship.
- More studies will point to the harm of spending too much time on electronic devices. Parents will seek out sports and recreation for the benefit of their children.
- Is your church looking to reach the community? As a pastor or leader, is your desire to reach new families? Use sports as your bridge into the community. As the World’s largest Christian youth sports organization, Upward Sports desires to come alongside your church to advance your mission and promotes Jesus by using sports as your ministry tool. Imagine … families coming to your church, field, local school, parking lot, with their child each week to play in your league. This is where connections are made, relationships are formed, the Gospel is shared, and lives are changed.
- By partnering with Upward Sports, your church will customize your unique player package, choose the sport you want to offer, access ministry resources, devotions, coach resources, and gospel materials.
- As a self-sustaining ministry, sports outreach fits any church of any size… that is looking to reach their community.
- Now is a great time to offer a winter league to prepare for a spring 2024 league.